Saturday, January 29, 2011

Disney 2010

I know it's a little late, but here's my Disney blog! :) I was soooo lucky to be able to go to Disney for almost a week with two of my best friends, Sarah and Amy. We were able to visit Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom, and EPCOT. I was extra excited about this trip because the last time I went to Disney was more than 12 years ago... probably closer to 15 years, and I had never been to EPCOT before. I vaguely remembered Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom had just opened and was pretty empty, and I was just tall enough to ride Space Mountain. I have always been a fan of anything princess related, in fact, I'm known at home to wear a Disney princess tiara to do random housework. (It seriously helps everything go by a little smoother.) Anyway, I was pumped.

Sarah was an excellent hostess for us. She developed an itinerary that allowed us to do everything we wanted in 5 days. That's impressive planning! :)

Our first day in the parks, we spent the morning in the Animal Kingdom and the afternoon in Hollywood Studios. It was the perfect introduction to our week! We rode pretty much every ride, watched the Lion King show, the Beauty and the Beast show, saw the coolest Rhino ever, danced alongside the Block Party Bash, and sat through some freeeeeezing wind to watch Fantasmic! My favorite moment from this day was walking through New York with all the holiday lights, "snow" falling all around us, Christmas music playing from every corner, and a cup of hot chocolate in my hands. Pretty awesome....!


The next day, we ventured "off property" (like my cool Disney lingo?) to go have lunch with my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins! It was sooo much fun to see everyone - it really had been too long! We ate at a wonderful Puerto Rican restaurant... mofongo and tostones... yummmm!!! :) That evening we went to the Magic Kingdom for the Christmas party! It was pretty much the coolest thing ever. Unlimited hot chocolate and sugar cookies, the Christmas parade, and meeting tons and tons of princesses! I kept my cool pretty well with all the royalty around until I got to Belle.... I turned into an 8 year old - stumbling over my words and awkwardly taking my autograph book away from her. :/ All in all, an amazing evening!!

The next day we spent entirely at the Magic Kingdom. We rode a ton of rides, met more princes and princesses, and tried to find sweet potato fries to no avail. And I wore my Belle tiara all day. :) And I danced with Flynn Rider. Our eyes met across the stage, probably because I was closer to his eye level than the <7 year olds all around me.

We spent our last full park day at EPCOT. As I said above, it was my first time there. And I LOVED it! I loved walking around and seeing all the different representations of the different countries. The only thing I really didn't like... not being able to get to the Eiffel Tower!! I mean, come on!! It's such a tease to hide it behind buildings! And although its lights were nice, they were nothing like the real thing. We had lunch in Japan, beer in Germany, chips in England, and dinner in France. A perfect evening. :)


We ended our trip with lunch at Earl of Sandwich, then it was off on the road back to Augusta. I seriously had so much fun on this trip, and I know that so much of it had to do with the people I was there with! So, thanks to Sarah and Amy for making this trip the bestest Disney trip ever!! Love you girls!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment