Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Catching up

I've been a slacker with the blog. Sorry. :/ Lately, when I get a spare minute I prefer to sit and stare at a movie or something relatively mindless. Not very productive, I know.

A lot's been going on, though! We're really starting to get close... to everything! I graduate in TWO weeks (Wooooo-!!) and I get married in ONE month (-hoooooo!!)! I finished my last rotation and am now observing an OT, learning to make different kinds of splints and learning more about hand therapy. I started applying to jobs and interviewing, so we'll see how it goes. Keep your fingers crossed!! :)

I had my bridal shower about a month ago, and my lingerie shower/bachelorette party was last weekend! I'll post a separate blog about those soon. I promise. I've discovered I get really excited about the mail lately. I nearly sprinted from my bedroom today when I heard the UPS truck pull into my driveway. Haha! Between RSVP cards and wedding gifts, it's like Christmas everyday! My bridesmaid dresses arrived, and they're perfect! I love the color and they fit everyone nearly perfectly right out of the box! We were a little nervous about it, having ordered them sight unseen, but I couldn't be happier about how they turned out. I had my final dress fitting and am picking up my dress this Friday! We have everything pretty much in place. The music, flowers, linens, food, centerpieces, layout, timeline, etc... all done! Now we're just tidying up loose ends.

I'm doing my bridal portraits this weekend..... so excited! I'm so thankful for my awesome friend/photographer, Josh Lucas. He's not only ok with my crazy nagging, but he appreciates it. Definitely looking forward to seeing a preview of myself all done up for the best day ever! I'm also looking forward to having some help from a couple of my ladies for posing and such. I tend to be on the awkward side when it comes to... well, life, so the help is definitely appreciated!

All our cruise documents are in, so I just really want to go ahead and start packing for the honeymoon now!! I've been slowly packing up my room.... Will probably start moving some things after graduation. This is probably what I'm most excited about out of everything going on in the next few months. :) Finally getting to live with my love after over 9 years!

Some things still on my to-do list:

  • Make a list of must-play songs (Any requests/suggestions?)
  • Print the ceremony programs
  • Get everything ready for the bridesmaids' luncheon
  • Get our marriage license (Does anyone know if I need a birth certificate for this?)
  • GRADUATE!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment