Monday, May 24, 2010

Fun-filled Weekend

My weekend started off with a wonderful morning taking engagement pictures! We were worried about the rain, but it actually turned out to be kind of perfect weather. It was a little cloudy which just kept the sun from being too hot but no gray clouds or rain in sight! Scot (a.k.a.: Joshua Lucas) did such a great job! We didn't feel posed, we just talked and walked and laughed and had fun! I got a little peek of the pictures, and I'm so excited about them! They look perfect already, so I can't imagine how they're going to look once they've been edited. So so so so excited!! 


Saturday afternoon, my youngest brother graduated from high school! It was strange sitting there and realizing that all 4 of us are adults-ish now. I was so proud of him! After graduation we had a family dinner and spent some quality family time just hanging out and watching a movie. My little brother's growing up!.... Sort of. ;)




Sunday I slept-in and spent the afternoon trying on bridesmaid dresses and discussing engagement party plans for Kate! On my way home, I thought about how lucky I am that Kate is as wonderful and giving as she is. We're both truly happy for each other, and we both enjoy planning our weddings together. One example of this was today when we were trying on bridesmaid dresses for her wedding, and she suggested that I use a dress that I was wearing for my rehearsal dinner. Most brides would not take very nicely to another bride even remotely bringing up her own wedding during the latter's wedding events, much less bring it up to her. It's the little things like this that make planning a wedding so much more fun and intimate. I'm so glad to have my present family as well as my future family involved. And excited to be involved. And I'm lucky. So so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. This makes me happy. I am so very lucky to have you. You are a great friend and I really like talking to you about everything! I am always happy to talk about your wedding, whenever or wherever. You just never know when a cute idea will pop up or a dress will just happen to look absolutely fabulous on someone! I know it’s a little different for us to both be planning weddings, but I really glad you know that I am so truly happy and excited for you and will do whatever I can to make things less stressful and more manageable for you!!

    ReplyDelete