Sunday, July 25, 2010

best. dress. EVER.

In case you didn't already know... MY WEDDING DRESS IS IN!! :D I called Friday afternoon to check on the status of my dress since it was supposed to be in next month, and the woman told me it just arrived that morning! I was THRILLED! She asked when I wanted to come in. My response, "Um, right now!" After 7 lonnnnggg months (remember, I ordered it in January) I finally got to wear MY dress. And it was grand. I was elated. It was the first time I was wearing it in my size. The one I tried on in January had to be rolled up and clipped, so the only idea I had of the back of the gown was from the designer's pictures online. I stood in it and pranced in it, took an endless amount of silly pictures in it... I tried to talk my mom into letting me drive home in it. Of course, she wasn't having any of that. I also ordered my shoes and a little something for my hair. I wish I could plaster pictures all over here and Facebook! Alas, you will all have to wait to witness the fabulousness that is my bridal gown. ;)

Saturday, my mom and I chose and purchased the fabrics to make my veil. My mom made a practice one a few weeks ago. Up until that point I hadn't really been able to picture myself with a veil, but as soon as she placed the practice one on my head the whole picture came together. I could clearly see myself walking down the aisle. And now with my perfect dress here... I just couldn't picture it any other way.

Less than 10 months to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment