Thursday, September 16, 2010

Getting down to it

It's starting to feel kinda close-ish! We have about 8 months before the wedding, so deadlines are approaching! We have a lot of stuff already taken care of but some things are still up in the air. Take my shoes for example...

So I fell in love with a particular pair of shoes. And when I say love I mean full-blown lust. I dream about these shoes. They're amazing. They're everything I never knew I always wanted. I heard that in a movie somewhere but it doesn't come to mind now. :) Anyway, come to find out they're over $400. That's so not happening. Sad face major. :( So I've returned to the search for shoes. I can't get my dress altered until I find shoes, but we still have time so it's no big deal. Yet.

Our Save the Dates are designed and about ready to go! The general layout and content of the programs has been set up, officiant booked, and a bunch of other fun stuff. It's been different working on things from Marietta. I work on things on my own time and at my own pace and then something comes up from Augusta that reminds me that I'm not doing this by myself. Ha. I'm grateful for the help and feedback, though. My parents have been great throughout this. They had a big wedding meeting with our coordinators yesterday. I was kinda upset that that I couldn't be there. It's weird, their planning my wedding without me. We had a big talk the other night, though, about what I've been thinking of and what Tim and I want, and judging from what they told me about the meeting they really presented that at the meeting.

I'm also thankful for our coordinators, Carol and Dianne of CPR Distinctive Events. They have kept an eye on the details as well as the big picture. I feel a lot better being away from everything and focusing on my clinical rotation knowing that they're there to make sure everything gets taken care of.

It's kinda weird not being at home. Everything's changing. My little sister is in NYC, my little brother is being smart and stuff at Tech, and my baby brother is going to be making a big change in his own life soon, and I'm planning my wedding. Life's nuts. And it doesn't get old. No matter how much time has passed, I still get crazy excited that Tim and I are getting married. I'm so excited and looking forward to being together all the time... as well as living with the puppy full time! This part-time mommy thing is not my favorite. Although, it felt really good seeing how excited he was to see me last weekend. He even blew off Tim to follow me upstairs! :) I love my Voltron!

I saw my first surgery today. And I didn't even get light headed or anything. Just like a big kid. It was awesome. It was a skin graft to bilateral hands on a 3 year old. Sometimes in hydro therapy when we're removing the surgical dressings we think, "I wonder why they did that..." It was really neat to be right there next to the surgeons when they were making those decisions so I could hear their train of thought. I've been working with this patient for a few days and will continue to follow him while he's at the hospital, so this will allow me to see the entirety of his care at Grady. My CI (clinical instructor) will be leaving for some personal reasons, so Monday I start with a new CI. I'm really nervous about it because I know that their personalities are so different. Hopefully it will be a smooth transition.

This weekend is one of my oldest friends', Kelly's, bachelorette party! I'm extra excited to spend the weekend with amazing friends celebrating Kelly's last few weeks as a fabulous single lady. And on October 2 she will become a fabulous MARRIED lady! Yay!! So excited for the next few weeks! :))))

No comments:

Post a Comment