Monday, September 27, 2010

What to choose????

As we prepare to mail our Save the Dates to our family, a few loose ends have come up. First, we need to make sure that we have set aside enough hotel rooms in our blocks to accommodate our LARGE amount of out-of-towners. Our guest list has been relatively stable for the last couple of months so we can finally begin to plan with some real numbers. Second, we need to piece together our registries! :)

Jessica, my Matron of Honor, and I sat down with our laptops one Saturday and began going through Macy's and Bed Bath & Beyond's websites. I was so overwhelmed and glad to have someone who's been through it with me. Jessica was able to tell me what she actually uses, what she likes or doesn't like about certain products, and what she should have registered for. This helped me tremendously. And it allowed me to set a good base to go from when Tim and I get a chance to finish adding things. Jessica and I pretty much got through the kitchen stuff, and Tim and I have been slowly adding somethings here and there as we come across things. The items that have been the most difficult to decide on so far have been casual china, flatware, and bedding.

Tim has one request (well, it's really a demand) of the casual china. He wants them to be square shaped. This is a fun idea, so I'm on board with it. However, it did make it that much more difficult to find plates that are square and fit in with some sort of decor that I had in mind. (This "decor", by the way, is really more of a feeling at this point. I'm still trying to figure out what I want my "big kid" decorations to be like.) I was walking through Macy's one day and there they were - the perfect plates! Seeing them helped me envision how other things should look so that everything can flow well together. The only snag is that they're seasonal, so they may not be in stock until the wedding. We'll see. If we don't end up being able to get those, there were a couple of other settings I saw that could work and have a similar feel. But I really really like these, so hopefully it'll work out.

Flatware.... Tim and I both really like the same style of flatware. It's just really hard to find at an affordable price. It's really hard to find a balance between nice/durable/what we like and priced so that we may actually get it. Anyway, we'll see. Our ideal flatware has been "out of stock" for months according to the sales people, and the closest thing we could find is twice the price.... Maybe I'm worrying too much about it, but I'd hate to end up with 3 settings or worse, none at all. I also definitely have this fear about the dinnerware I talked about above.

As far as bedding goes. I still have no idea. I can't find anything that I can picture with our furniture or curling up with Voltron in. The search continues!

Any tips on the "Must"s and the "Must Not"s?

No comments:

Post a Comment