Monday, October 25, 2010

:-)

My last couple of blogs haven't been too wedding-y, so here's a wedding filled one! First, I thought this video was wonderful. It starts out as the Father of the Bride's speech and turns into quite a production! Take a look here!

Second, I think the registry is complete! It's kinda hard to think about what you'll need when you've never needed to do it before. When I lived on my own in Milledgeville, Jessica already had practically everything. Same with Tim and his roommates. So it really is like starting from scratch. The things i'm most excited about from the registry are our casual china, cookware sets, mixer, and flatware. Our casual china is the perfect mixture of our tastes. When I saw it I could picture eating dinner, doing the dishes, and a color scheme to decorate with. The only problem is that they're seasonal, so we'll see what happens. We registered for two cookware sets: one non-stick and one stainless steel. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not that big into cooking, so the lower maintenance the better. My mom has the same non-stick set that I registered for and my cousin has the stainless steel set, so I've worked with both and really like them. As far as the mixer goes, everyone I know who has one swears by it. Its versatility in preparing meals (and desserts!) is especially attractive. The flatware that Tim and I settled on reminds us both of sets that our parents have/had while we were growing up. (Side note: I just said "were" growing up... That's weird because I definitely feel like I'm still growing up...) I held it in the store, which definitely helped me settle on it.



Third, I finally found shoes! Yay! They're everything I was looking for and fit quite well into our budget. Annndddd..... I don't know what else. It's like everything is happening all at once, but little by little things are falling into place. My mom and I were talking today about how we're both ready for me to move back home so we can actually get things done without needing a million texts, photo messages, and emails as part of the necessary process. Still need to work on finalizing our ceremony musicians, DJ for the reception, and rentals... and a bunch of tiny details. One of my bridesmaids, Amy, will be returning from Rwanda for a visit in a couple of weeks! I'm really excited to see her in person and catch up and do wedding stuff with her! It's going to be a busy time! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Ohh registry stuff, so fun!! And also, I can't WAIT to see the shoes you picked!! :)

    ReplyDelete