Friday, November 19, 2010

Music related folks drive me nuts.

I need help! I'm going nuts trying to figure out this music stuff. We're in need of ceremony musicians (preferably a string quartet) and a DJ for the reception who can play a mixture of salsa, pop, and more traditional wedding reception music.

We've only really talked with the Augusta Symphony Orchestra for the ceremony music, and I just really was not a fan of their attitude. I don't think it's too much for professional musicians to play the music that we choose for our wedding.

For DJs, I've been in contact with a couple and they really aren't following through with providing references or a sample contract. Kinda irritating when you email, speak with them on the phone, email some more, and you still don't get something you've been personally told is "not a problem" to supply.

SSSOOOOOooooo.... if you have any suggestions for ceremony musicians and/or DJs I'd super duper appreciate it. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. We had a string quartet from the Augusta Symphony play at our wedding. It was beautiful, and they played my special requests without any problem. (They even played for my out-of-town soloist, who only got to practice with them a couple of times, just before the ceremony.) They were, however, *very* strict about timing and pay. Luckily, our wedding was very short. In and out in 20 minutes flat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's who we immediately went to but their manager was the one who actually met with. He wasn't particularly helpful. And he kept saying that he had never heard of some of my songs, which wouldn't have been an issue had we met with an actual musician. I just didn't like the vibe from the whole encounter but we'll probably meet with them again. I'm just not sure about the part where we never get to hear them until the wedding. We'll see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete